Thursday, May 30, 2013

Interview with Maria Menounos

When I'm not writing on this blog, I write articles for Examiner.com. Recently, I had the pleasure of interviewing Maria Menounos, on the eve of her newest film, Adventures of Serial Buddies, being released on VOD. Her partner, Buddies writer/director Keven Undergaro, was also present, and they discussed the new film, past ventures and future plans.





1. Maria, let’s start with your upcoming movie Adventures of Serial Buddies. How did you feel about the storyline? Are you a fan of movie serial killers like Michael Myers and Hannibal Lecter?

Maria-The actual script, I thought was hilarious. Yes, I love Michael Myers and Hannibal Lecter, and I love Dexter. I don’t know anyone who’s not a fan of Dexter.

Keven-Yeah, the film can be described as Dumb and Dumber meets Dexter.

2. You did work for the From Russia With Love video game, which also had Sean Connery lending his voice and likeness as James Bond. You appeared at Connery’s AFI Life Achievement Award ceremony in 2006, but did you meet him during the making of the game?

M-Actually, no. He was in the Bahamas when I was working on the game. But I did see him later that year at the AFI ceremony, so that was pretty cool.

K-Yeah, it was an honor to present a life achievement award to him, so that was something off the bucket list.

3. You’re the only one who has interviewed the entire Obama family. Was interviewing the First Family as nerve-wracking as interviewing an actor or actress?

M-Well, originally, the interview was just supposed to be the parents. But when we got there, the kids just fell in love with Keven, so they joined the interview. As for preparation, it was really just 10 minutes of switching gears because the whole thing changed with the presence of the kids. You just wanted to ask questions a family would want to hear. It was the biggest interview I’ve ever done.

4. Zoe Saldana was your first interview on your podcast Conversations with Maria Menounos. Who else will you be interviewing on that show? Any specific celebrities you hope to interview in the future?

M-We have quite a few people lined up. John Legend is among them. People just enjoy the length of time with this format, because they are stories that fans want to hear. So it’s just a matter of getting people in the calendar.

5. Your book, The Everygirl’s Guide to Life, was a best seller. How long did it take to write it? Do you plan to write any other books?

M-The book took about two years to write. I was doing that at the same time that I was doing Serial Buddies. Keven and I have two books in the works now. One’s a health and diet book and the other is a recipe book. The health and diet book should be out next year.

6. Of your numerous television and film appearances, do you have a favorite?

M-On TV, One Tree Hill was my favorite because I spent an entire season with the show and my specific character. One of my favorite films was Kickin’ It Old Skool because it was my first starring role and I had a lot to do. I also liked Fantastic Four, which was my first movie and I made a lot of friends on that film.

7. So you’re a fan of superheroes?

M-Definitely. My production company is called Omega Girl.

8. What is the difference between hosting Extra and, say, the Today show?

M-There is a live audience on Extra, so they give energy you can feed off of. Extra is the entertainment version of Today.

9. Do you have any other movies planned in the future?

M-There are definitely some on file. But right now we are working on the book and our reality show, which will be on Oxygen. It follows my life with Keven and my parents and our crazy Hollywood adventures.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be My Valentine, Charlie Brown (1975)

The trilogy of A Charlie Brown Christmas (1965), It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown (1967), and A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving are...