Friday, May 8, 2015

Interview with Haley Scarnato

I recently had the pleasure of chatting with Haley Scarnato, a singer who is known for appearing on the sixth season of American Idol.


1. Haley, when did you first realize that singing was your passion?
-I started at a very young age. I took voice lessons at 12 and started developing more of a style & joined a theater group called Show Stoppers. That’s when I discovered my love for singing.

2. Who are your inspirations, music-wise?
-Celine Dion. In country, Garth Brooks, Faith Hill and I love how Shania Twain transformed country music into something more pop and edgy.

3. Is there a specific type of music you like to sing?
-I sing country, that’s what I’ve been doing.

4. You’ve obviously performed before crowds numerous times. Was it daunting at first?
-It was nerve-wracking. Singing in groups was one things, but alone, I was nervous. I had a nice but strict teacher. She encouraged me saying ‘go out & you’ll be fine.’

5. Did you ever think you’d appear on American Idol?
-Not really (laughs). You don’t really think you’ll be on it but the show came to my home town and my friends encouraged me to audition, so I did.

6. Have you kept in touch with any of the American Idol people?
-Yes, I’m good friends with Faith Lewis and Laksiha Jones, who I do a show with. We just kept in touch here and there.

7. Since then, you’ve written your own music. Of your own music, do you have a favorite?
-One song, “Girls Night Out,”that’s a fun, edgy song that fun to do live.

8. You are currently touring with Symphony Idol. What is that like?
-It’s pretty neat. We do a bunch of different variety song. We do some Broadway stuff, harmonies and duets. You’ve got all these amazing musicians. We are going out on the road to Louisana in two weeks for another show.

9. Are there any events or places you’d like to sing for?
-I don’t know. I guess it depends on the environment. You have a good event with musicians and sounds. Bad ones, not so much (laughs).

10. Can you tell us about what songs you have coming up?
-I have one song, a duet, which I recorded with my friend Roger Ballard in Nashville. It was written about a woman’s point of view and a man’s point of view. It’s kind of neat to see that, so that you can’t blame the man. It should iTunes and my website by the summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be My Valentine, Charlie Brown (1975)

The trilogy of A Charlie Brown Christmas (1965), It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown (1967), and A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving are...